Note: This is our recipe suggestion. Our spices can be used with your favorite recipe variation, just substitute the spice mix with ours. Also note that if your recipe calls for salt, then set it out as our spices have salt included.
· 4 tablespoons olive oil
· 1/3 packet Saute Starter Kit
· ½ large onion diced small
· 1 tablespoon minced ginger
· ¼ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
· 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh cut in chunks
· 1-2 tablespoon Not Your Mummies Chicken Tikka Masala
· ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 serrano pepper, sliced long ways, in half (optional)
· Salt to taste (Spice blend already has salt included)
1. In large pot, medium/high heat, add oil and 1/3 of saute starter kit ingredients for 2 minutes
2. Add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes or until translucent, stir frequently and avoid onion from browning
3. Add cilantro and serrano pepper (optional), continue to saute for 1 minute
4. Add ginger and 1 tablespoon Not Your Mummies Chicken Tikka Masala, saute for additional minute
5. Add Chicken, mix well and saute for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, or until chicken is cooked. This will allow the spices to infuse into the chicken.
6. Once chicken is fully cooked, add whipping cream, gently mix/fold the cream and chicken to avoid it from falling apart.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes
8. Taste chicken for salt/spice level. At this point, you can add in additional Not Your Mummies Chicken Tikka Masala, ½ tablespoon at a time if you want a little more salt and spiciness. Indian cooking is more about taste vs measurement. Until you become comfortable eyeballing the spices, measure them in. Remember, if you added in the serrano, you may not need additional spice, only salt to taste.
9. If additional salt/spice was added, simmer for 2-5 minutes more.
Serve with rice, naan, paratha, or crispy French bread. There is no wrong way to enjoy this dish.
If you refrigerate this dish, it will intensify in taste and thicken due to the heavy whipping cream, which is normal. When reheating, I prefer stovetop to keep the oils from the cream from separating. It will also be necessary to add a little water to thin it out, to your consistency preference.
I do not use tomatoes in my dish, but you can add 1 medium diced tomato to the saute process, after the spices have been added in and saute until the tomato juice evaporates and mixture has become thick sauce like. Add in chicken and continue with recipe.
Substitute chicken breast for thigh meat